Thursday, November 4, 2010

Luminare Sketch Model

Luminare Sketch Model


For my sketch model I decided to use white foam board pieces glued together with hot glue with a square cut out of two of the sides to allow shafts of light through.  I put green paper over the foam board on one side just to experiment and see how I liked it with the color rather then the white.  I have decided that I like the green much better than the white because it adds to the effect that is similar to my light phenomenon.  However, I cannot decide if I would rather put paper on it or paint the foam board itself which I do not know how well that would work because of it's slick surfaces.  I then stabbed thick pieces of wire through small lighter green squares so they would slightly over lap and then punctured the wire into the foam board at the edges of the square opening so that the light would filter through the green squares and replicate my light phenomenon. 


I think that the next thing that I am going to try with this project is to make a wooden frame to hold the light bulb at the luminare's epicenter and then cover the wooden frame with some kind of white or clear translucent paper so that the light would filter through that and then through the next layer.  I am also considering hanging another layer of small green squares with fishing line from the top of the luminare so that they will hang down in front of the light.  Then doing the same thing with the small green squares on the outside frame as I did in this sketch model.  I also cannot decide whether to use foam board or particle board for my next model but I might also make one of both and then decide which one I like better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment