Monday, October 4, 2010

Seeing the light: Light Phenomenon Project

 I got my idea from inside the courtyard at the Ferguson building.  There is a square hole cut in the covered part of the courtyard and the sun was shinning through it and illumination part of the tree below it.  I thought it was interesting how the square illuminated a square double its size onto the tree and turned the leaves a very bright shade of green whereas everything else that was in the shadow looked almost black.

For my diagrammatic model to demonstrate my light phenomenon I used florist wire to represent the light rays and used green translucent paper to represent the leaves.  So I pierced the wire through the leaves to signify the light passing through the leaves to create my light phenomenon. Then for my diagrammatic sketch I used a similar idea but used arrows to represent the rays of light.  I also added in two different images of my light phenomenon.  One of the photos is in black and white while the other is in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment