Sunday, March 13, 2011

Material Value Study

For this assignment we had to select four materials from the IARC library, a wood, a tile, a textile, and a carpet, and create value studies using those materials.  We had to make two value scales for each material, one in pen and one in pencil.  One of the value scales had to be at full scale and the other one had to be zoomed out and we were able to decide which one we wanted to be in pen and which one we wanted to be in pencil.  

Final Value Studies
The value study that I am most proud of is my tile value studies because I think they transition the best and look the neatest.  The zoomed out value scale of the carpet was the hardest one for me because of the small loops in the carpet and making them all consistently the same size, which I found to be rather difficult.  However, overall I think these value studies turned out pretty well.

Wood Sample
Tile Sample
Textile Sample
Carpet Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment