Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog Post 14: 4/29/11

Object, Space, Building, and Place that I find Inspirational

Object
Light bulb designed by Solovyov Design
I find this light bulb by Solovyov Design inspirational because it is an interesting twist on the common everyday fluorescent light bulbs.  I think it is interesting when people find new ways to design a common product to make it stand out from the rest.

Space
Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center 
I find the courtyard inside the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee to be an inspirational space.  I think it is fascinating how they managed to create this giant courtyard at the center of the building filled with restaurants, shops, fountains, and sitting areas while still allowing the sunlight to enter the space through the giant skylight ceiling.

Building
Sydney Opera House
I find the Sydney Opera House inspirational because of how it broke the rules and stands out from the other architecture of its time.  Although the opera house does not function as well as it should for the purpose which it was designed for I still find it to be a very beautiful building and I think it is fascinating how the inspiration for the design came from seeing sails on the harbor because when I see the building that is what it looks like to me.  I find this building to be one of the most beautiful buildings ever built.

Place
San Francisco 
I find the city of San Francisco to be inspiration and it is my favorite city I have ever been to because of how beautifully it is constructed.  I think it is fascinating how the city is built on the hills with all of the winding little streets snaking their way between the buildings.  However, the city is very difficult to travel in a car but I’m sure it just takes some getting use to like living in New York City would.  I found this city to be the most fun to explore on foot because of all the interesting buildings, like these townhouses, built along the gently sloping hills in the city.

Images from Google Images

1 comment:

  1. Nice post... I have always loved to see what Influences or inspires other people. :)

    ReplyDelete