Thursday, September 22, 2011

Photoshop Madness

For this assignment I had to choose a picture or pictures that I took in Washington D.C. and then alter them in photoshop. I chose to use two of the pictures that I took in D.C., one of the Capitol Building and one of a metal tree sculpture in the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. I wanted to combine the two images so first I took away the sky in the photo of the Capitol Building to replace it with the sculpture tree. I then cropped out the extra stuff in the background of the tree photo and then flipped the image so that it looked more like lightening strikes rather than a tree. Then I combined the two images by putting the tree photo in a layer overtop of the Capitol Building background. Then I started messing around with the contrast, exposure, and brightness to see which looks I liked the most. I also played around with the alterations to change the appearance of the photos and the paint bucket to change the colors. I ended up really liking a lot of the photos that I produced so I continued to play around with it to see what I could do with it. I liked them so much I put most of them up on here because I couldn't chose just one image of my creations.

Original Photo of Capitol Building

Original Photo of Tree Sculpture


Capitol w/o Sky

Capitol Photo with Tree Sculpture

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

Image 8 and possibly my favorite one

No comments:

Post a Comment